– The last two meetings with the Dallas Stars, the Coyotes have blown two one goal leads late. Phoenix needs to get back to their game and play smart in their zone with a lead.
– Coming off a tough loss, the Coyotes have a chance to forget about Friday night’s debacle quickly by putting forth a strong effort this evening.
– The Dallas Stars will be without captain, Brendan Morrow as he has been placed on the IR.
– Eric Nystrom is heating up for the Stars. He looks to continue his scoring streak against the Coyotes after netting two goals against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
– Mike Smith has been phenomenal this season and against his former mates, but after a tough game against the Vancouver Canucks, it may be smart to give him a rest. Protecting Smith from too many games played will be a challenge for Dave Tippet throughout the season.
– Kari Lehtonen has had another solid start to the season for the Dallas Stars. Last night Lehtonen and company lost to the Toronto Maple Leafs in a shoot out. Expect to see reliable back up net minder, Andrew Raycroft in net for the second of back to back games.
– Can Radim Vrbata continue at the same pace? Vrbata has carried the Phoenix Coyotes offense throughout the month of November. Last night the entire team was shutout, but at some point the Coyotes need to have someone else pick up the load.
– Loui Eriksson has proven he can only score with Brad Richards around. Eriksson is off to a good start with 10 goals this season only trailing Jamie Benn for the lead in team points.
– Vernon Fiddler will be back again to play his former team. Fiddler is a hard working, under your skin type of player. He will no doubt cause the Coyotes problems on the penalty kill.
– The start of the game will really set the tempo for the evening from the Coyotes stand point. Last night’s lack luster effort is sure to be imprinted in the player’s minds. Lucky for the Coyotes, the Stars also are playing for the second night in a row.
– This Coyotes team is starting to miss Daymond Langkow, Shane Doan especially. Without the offensive production from the Doan and Langkow line, the pressure continues to be on the Coyotes to play a flawless, mistake free game.
– With a potential regulation victory tonight over the Dallas Stars, the Coyotes can tie the Stars in points. It is early in the season, but the Western Conference is and will be tight the entire season. Divisional games always have an extra emphasis on grabbing regulation points.
Tags: Andrew Raycroft Brendan Morrow Dallas Stars Dave Tippett Daymond Langkow Eric Nystrom Jamie Benn Kari Lehtonen Loui Eriksson Mike Smith Phoenix Coyotes Radim Vrbata Shane Doan Toronto Maple Leafs Vancouver Canucks Vernon Fiddler Western Conference