Holy Smokes. For the second game in a row, the boys came out flat and uninspired. There was no jump in their step. They didn’t pound the Flyers like they should. They didn’t punish them on the forecheck. The Flyers are starting Bryz and got to their hotel at 2 am this morning. Did they not see it was a 6pm start time?
As I write this, it is 4-1. Whitney got the goal. The Flyers spent the first period building their lead and are now feeling the effects of how the Coyotes can play. Aggressive, hard, constantly pushing the puck up ice.
Seeing how the team can play vs. how they did the first period, one has to wonder.
- Is there a stat of failure to clear your defensive zone? If so, the Coyotes would lead the league.
- Is there a stat for failure to gain entry into the offensive zone on the PP? If so, the Coyotes would lead the league.
- Can someone ask Rafi Torres to stop it with the blind pass? They are called turnovers at every level of hockey.
- If Rafi is to play physical, can we just put Paul in there? He doesn’t make these mistakes and take a dumb penalty every game.
- Defensive zone breakdowns kill the goalie.
- Hanzal is a beast. Just watch him destroy Rinaldo against the glass.
- Does Bryz ever work on playing the puck? It has not improved since his Anaheim days.
- OEL is playing so physical. He must know that is the way into the hearts of the fans.
- Wayne Simmonds was unlikeable as a King. He has not changed.
- Whitney scored his 350th career goal. Congratulations Wizard.