– Bryzgalov will be visiting another former team for the second game in a row. Last night the Philadelphia Flyers faced the Anaheim Ducks, and won in over time. Bryzgalov did not put forth his best performance, but the Flyers salvaged the victory. It is believed that Bryzgalov will not be in the Flyers net tonight in Glendale.
– Every time Bryzgalov is brought into the picture, Mike Smith seems to look better and better. Smith has been a refreshing personality in the locker room and on the ice. This Phoenix Coyotes team has been able to rely on his solid net minding of, and it allows them to play a solid team game.
– The Coyotes are coming back from enemy territory in Winnipeg Thursday night. The Coyotes deserved a point for the effort against the Winnipeg Jets. Unfortunately they fell 1-0 in front of a hostile crowd.
– Kyle Turris will play his first home game of the season. Turris played a solid first game after missing training camp and the start of the regular season. It will be interesting to see how the home crowd reacts to number 91.
– After playing a great road game in Chicago, the Coyotes put forth another solid effort on the road last game. Now the team will transition to playing in front of the home crowd before going back on the road to Chicago….again. Who makes these schedules??
– The last time these two teams met, the Coyotes lost a heartbreaker with under a minute left in the game. The Flyers out played the Coyotes, but the Coyotes held in until Matt Read scored a back breaking goal to take the game 2-1.
– Matt Read is just one of a few Flyers rookies that are enjoying a nice start to the season. Read has scored 9 goals this season for the Flyers.
– With the Broadstreet Bullies in town, Paul “Biznasty” Bissonnette should enter the lineup in place of Patrick O’Sullivan. Despite the lack of scoring in Winnipeg, the Coyotes will need the toughness of Bissonnette and Torres to keep things even. The Flyers, as always, post a very physical roster.
– The lines are starting to get comfortable now that Daymond Langkow has returned. Shane Doan was on the score sheet in Chicago and carried that effort into an emotional return to Winnipeg.
– The Flyers will be without captain, Chris Pronger. Pronger is undergoing knee surgery. This is a huge hit to a team that has suffered an injury spell as of late.
– Jaromir Jagr returned to the lineup in a big way with a 4 point night against the Ducks.
– Mickal Rozsival continues to skate, but since his injury the Coyotes young defenceman have thrived with the added playing time.
Tags: Anaheim Ducks Chris Pronger Glendale Ilya Bryzgalov Jaromir Jagr Kyle Turris Matt Read Mickal Rozsival Mike Smith Paul Bissonnette Philadelphia Flyers Phoenix Coyotes Raffi Torres Shane Doan Winnipeg Jets