Now that Glendale is going to have a 5% bed tax (increased from 3.4%) and putting the money into the Convention and Visitors Bureau, how about doing a few simple things with the funds?
- Sell or barter advertising on the Coyote website. Visitors coming in for a convention may want to attend a game. A simple link would make it very easy to buy a ticket to a game.
- Buy advertising on the Phoenix Convention and Visitors Bureau. The website is www.visitphoenix.com. When the conventions come to town, it would be nice for the organizers to find an easy way for team building activities or allow attendees to buy a game ticket.
- Cross promote on the Cardinals and spring training team sites. The Coyotes are still playing in April. Hopefully into May. Perhaps even June. It would be a great sports day to attend a baseball game during the day and then hockey at night.
- Get in on package deals for the Super Bowl and college football championships held at University of Phoenix.
- Think outside the box. Groupon, Living Social, etc. Hotel, dinner at Saddle Ranch, Coyote game. Make it so when they come to Glendale, they don’t leave Glendale.
- Support the Tohono O’odham tribe and their pursuit of a casino. More reasons to come and stay in Glendale.
The money coming into Glendale is not from any resident (unless they are staying at a hotel). Consider it found money. Put it to good use. The more you promote Glendale, the more rewards you will reap.