It was everything Yotes fans have wanted to see. Starting with a less than spectacular 1st Period the Coyotes poured it on thick and greasy in the 2nd and 3rd. How does 6-0 sound to you? About as good as biscuits and gravy served over some garlic Texas toast if you ask me. H’m, I must be hungry or something. Nevermind that, let’s get to the scoring RECAP!
- Doan caught Boedker’s shot toward the crease and tipped it in to make it 1-0 Yotes early in the 2nd. This was Captain Shane’s only goal all night and his 13th for the season. Not to mention his first since December 3rd and coming back from Rocky Mountain Fever last week.
- The Olympians make it a deucer! Hanzal gets a tip off teammate Korpikoski’s shot. It slides in easier than these two slid into the Sochi Games this year. It’s 2-0 Yotes and the Calgary Flames are getting hot under the collar. Hanzal will be representing the Czech Republic and Korpikoski his homeland of Finland.
- Ribeiro feeds it to Boedker and Boedker does what he should with it. He pops it in to make it 3-0 Yotes with 7:20 left in the 2nd. Boedker reaches a career high and the crowd in Jobing Arena howls higher than they have all year.
- Korpikoski shoots, Korpikoski misses, Korpikoski grabs his own rebound, Korpikoski SCORES! One of those, “what did I see moments?” that makes it 4-0 Coyotes in the first moments of the 3rd period. This was Korpi’s 6th goal of the season.
- Defenseman Mike Stone gets a drop pass from Korpikoski and fires it in for the fifth Yotes goal of the night. There was 4:24 left and at this point we were just popping the champagne.
- FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Kiesla and Gallardi decide to give the fans their moneys worth. They throw down for a brief brawl and the Arena goes wild.
- 1 minute left and Klinkhammer puts it in for 6-0 Yotes after Korpikoski’s SOG rebounds the right way. Not only was it a PP goal but it sealed the shut out.
Now THAT’S how you start the second half of a season. G Thomas Greiss records his 2nd career shut out and the Cyotoes first of the season. He did a fine job standing in for Olympian Mike Smith.
Tags: Phoenix Coyotes