Michael Stone Beats The Buzzer In Philadelphia
There are few teams more satisfying to beat than the Philadelphia Flyers.
More from Howlin' Hockey
- Are you the 2021 FanSided Sports Fan of the Year?
- Arizona Coyotes Should Envy Toronto Maple Leafs Situation
- Arizona Coyotes Face Several Challenges During Summer Preparation
- Arizona Coyotes Fans Deserve More Than Silence From Team Owner
- Arizona Coyotes G. M. Bill Armstrong Seeks Young Coach, Impact Players
Not because they are particularly good, because they aren’t. Not because they are a rival, either. It’s simply because the organization houses some of the most dislikable players and one of the most loathsome fan bases in the NHL.
Martin Hanzal dug the puck out from behind the net and got it to Anthony Duclair. The Duke fed it to the seam and Michael Stone scored a buzzer beater at the end of the second period to take a 2-0 lead over the Flyers.
Arizona Coyotes fans may also remember this as the game where Shane Doan was concussed by a dirty hit from Radko Gudas and Michael Stone went down with a pretty terrible knee injury that cost him the final few games of 2015-16 and the majority of his offseason.
It was a costly contest, but the Yotes came away with the victory. Get well soon, Stone.